Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to questions commonly asked by students of Adult Education Centres. If you need more information, we encourage you to check out our Student Services and Resources pages. If you have additional questions, submit them through our convenient contact form or give us a call.

What is the registration process?

Contact the school to check for our walk-in hours at 204-953-0818. Provide transcripts of previous education, if possible. Most new students will need to write an assessment of skills in mathematics and English to help placement at the appropriate grade level. The assessment process will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Is the diploma recognized?

Yes. You can choose to complete the 30-credit diploma or you can register for the Mature Adult High School Diploma. The Manitoba Department of Education and Training recognizes both diplomas.

Why do adults pursue their high school diploma?

  • Personal satisfaction
  • Serve as a role model for their children
  • To increase employment opportunities
  • To prepare for additional training programs
  • For advancement in current employment
  • For general upgrading or academic development

Why do people choose AEC?

  • The convenient location
  • Flexible scheduling
  • One-on-one assistance
  • Qualified, caring and competent teachers
  • Good course selection
  • Comfortable learning environment

What is the method of instruction?

  • Classroom-based instruction for all academic courses
  • Emphasis on active learning
  • Individualized timetables

What do the courses cost?

AEC has no tuition or registration fees. Students must be Canadian citizens, landed immigrants or permanent residents.

How do I get my transcript from past schooling?

Contact the school where you last earned credits or get your transcript from Manitoba Education . Manitoba Education charges a small fee for this service.

What courses do I need in order to graduate with a Mature Adult Diploma?

  • Math and English at the 40S level (compulsory)
  • 2 other 40S or 41G level courses (three if planning to attend university)
  • 4 additional credits at the 10, 20, 30 or 40 levels
GED - rollover
GlobeCampus - rollover
Literacy Programs - rollover
Manitoba Transcripts - rollover
Mature Student Diploma - rollover
Other Learning Centres - rollover
Teach Yourself Math - rollover
Adult Education Centres (AEC) - 0ABC91E5D39F.png
1240 Main St., Winnipeg , MB , R2W 3S9 |
Main: 204-953-0818 | Fax: 204-953-0819 |